Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 4 months ago

Can a person of color have an easier and more successful life than most white people, and if so, why can’t we acknowledge it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

I think that most people would acknowledge that it is possible, just far, far more difficult in the US.  One of my friends is an upper-level staff scientist, and like many of us, sometimes works late to get things done.  He gets stopped by the police driving home in his own upscale neighborhood.  So if by "successful," you mean income, absolutely.  If you mean having the basic assumption that you're not a criminal, no, not everywhere.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Depends on what color.  Green girls seem to have it easier than blue ones.

Attachment image
  • 4 months ago

Having an easier and a successful life is not dependent upon one's skin color. Any person can have it. So that means even a person of color can have it. And yes, all should acknowledge it.   

• 4 months ago

You should be colorful enough with those you live and work with so as to get along with them.  That would be nice.  Of course you can choose to be colorless.  Then life seems to need some color to make it better.  So, go for it.  There are many ways to color an argument. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ronald
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

If that 'person of color' happens to be from India...his color will never hold him back...so other people of color need to ask themselves...'what is it exactly that is holding me back''..because it certainly isn't your color... 

• 4 months ago

sure they can and we do and there are so many, but most people are lazy and want instant gratification

• 4 months ago

I went to school with a few blacks who made it to the NFL. I see the whites I went to school with around town, they hand me my order at the drive thru. So tell me again about white privilege? 

• 4 months ago

Most cannot.  A few can.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Color doesn't determine what you do in life. Your mind does.

• 4 months ago

Because it's fun to protest and break things

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.