Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

do I have covid-19?

I went out to skate about 9 days ago, I wore a mask, distanced myself from others and sanitized frequently. And about 3 days ago I ate a lot spicy noodles, then ice cream and I felt a little nauseous afterwards. I got better, but I noticed my throat felt irritated. I drank a lot of fluids and hot ginger and lemon tea. The day after I felt normal but my throat is just a little irritated. I noticed a little bit of mucus built up in my sinuses. I slept it off and today I feel quite fine honestly, except my chest feels a little congested. Perhaps it's mucus going down on my throat. I don't have a cough or anything, but I do clear my throat sometimes and force the mucus out of my chest. It usually gets better if I drink hot beverages and take a hot shower. And my throat does feel a little itchy. Never had fever or anything. I've never been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to covid-19. I have anxiety problems, I'm a hypochondriac and I used to suffer from asthma when I was younger. I'm 19 now. I also live with my family and they are well and healthy. I'm just scared if somehow I've contracted it. Or maybe it's all just a weird coincidence.

also, I live in a city where the number of cases is pretty low

• Edna

You don't have COVID. You have a cold and sinus congestion. If you had COVID, you would be running a high fever by now.

Your symptoms dont indicate C-19 infection.If you are able to smell a flower and getting taste of sugar, you are more likely to be safe. If you are not having fever nor breathing trouble be happier. But eqating outside food is not safe. You may not be infected this time but don't repeat eating out uncooked things in washable dishes.

I'd say eat better.

Your symptoms sound more like allergies and stress than COVID-19.  There are a few things you should talk to your family about.

1. The ONLY way to know if you have COVID-19 or any other viral infection is to be tested.  You can always find a testing facility and get a test.

2.  Based on the latest data, there are hundreds of thousands of people who have gotten COVID-19 and needed little or no medical help.  Thousands of people have no symptoms at all.  Just because someone gets COVID-19, it doesn't mean they will get extremely sick and or need medication let alone hospitalization.

3.  You can also decide to self-quarantine in your home for the next 2 weeks.  This is what you'd have to do if you had COVID-19 and didn't need hospitalization.  

4. You can contact your primary care physician and have a telemedicine consultation.  They will review your symptoms, your other health issues and your history of anxiety.  They will then decide whether you should be tests, let things be, or test and treat you from some other condition.  It is unlikely that you'd be sent for COVID testing if you don't have a fever, but you never know.  

• Tavy

There is no way you have it. It comes with exhaustion so bad that you have to stay in bed.

• kelvin

still not Covid-19

That would be pretty low on my list for COVID symptoms; while the list is pretty nonspecific, those are all pretty low suspicion