What was your dad like?

My dad was wealthy yet still had time for us kids. He bought me whatever we wanted and also gave us $20 allowance a week

Sober as a Supreme Court Judge must be,

but was that necessary when he came home?

Growing up, he was very VERY angry and had a lot of unresolved issues from his own childhood and with his own father. He wasn't the worst dad, but far from the best. He wasn't fit to have children with how much anger he had inside him. We lived in fear of making dad angry every single day. He wasn't really ever physically abusive, save a few whacks with a belt here and there, but it was the verbal and emotional abuse that really effed us up. 

Fast forward about 15 years after the divorce, he really started taking care of his mental health, sought therapy, and tried really hard to calm the hell down. He was like a whole different man when we reconnected. He apologized whole heartedly for his actions and I gave him another chance. I think now that I'm adult, we just click better and we're best friends now. It took a lot of words, tears, and time to get to where we are now. 

• Nicole

hes an alcoholic

Hardworking, Patriotic, expected you to do your best .. Couldn't afford to buy us much in part 

since mortgage on the house was almost 2K a month. But at least when he died it was paid

so that Mom didn't have to worry. I wish he beat cancer & miss him a lot around the holidays.

🥴 My bio was a hard a$s. A sophisticated thug. But he spoiled me rotten. Just wasn't very nice. He expected a lot out of his kids.

My step, just worked his a$s off until he died on the job. 

I loved them very much. But... they moved onto a better place. 

• ?

Your guess is as good as mine because I never met the man all my life.

My dad didn’t exist