How many years are we away from a global cashless society?

Are you in favour of a cashless society?

Is there a dark side to a global cashless society?

Will it lead to a global hierarchial banking system?

if that happens, that may usher in a time of great troubles as some ancient book predicted more than 2000 years ago.

The elderly will be resistant to the idea.

The real alternative would be a society without money, where people had free access to what had been produced. No more resources wasted on banks, credit cards, accounts, prices, etc. 

• dumb

We are already there. Try living without a credit or debit card today.

• Oiy

I do believe that Sweden will be the first and only country on earth which can achieve the cashless society. It can minimize almost all costs such as printing,managing,anti-hacking,counterfeiting etc. but it can perform the best monetary policy as usual. The central bank  can still control and regulate everything.

• Zirp

Don't we already have a worldwide banking system?

Questions about the answerer are not allowed, but I see no reason why my bank should know how I spend every single dime and penny

We used to have a cashless society, its called a barter economy. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I can't predict that. Cash is king, though, cashless also helps depending on the situation.