On the bus today two passengers got into an argument about wearing a mask. Did you have to tell anyone to wear their mask?

Nope, I just hope they get a Darwin award...

• Erik

Hell no!  In a public place, you never know who you're dealing with.  It could be some psycho who starts screaming at you, or attacks you.  Buses have been known to have people like that.

• W

Last week, the guy next to me on the bus wasn't wearing one. I offered him one of my (new) spares and he put it on and said thanks. Arguments often happen because the person feels attacked and defends himself too harshly. From then on, it turns into a d**k-waving competition. 

No. That should be the responsibility of the law enforcement to get involved. Be respectful either way.

No, I mind my own business. 

No.

Whether saying anything to another person is reasonable or not depends on the situation; it is a legal requirement on public transport (and now in shops) in the UK, so reminding someone in case they do not realise it's law may save them a fine - but it should be done by the conductors/attendants/staff/managers etc., not random people.

Getting in to a conversation or getting heated or arguing over the matter - no; if someone knows the law but chooses to ignore it, that is their responsibility alone.

I'd just stay well clear of them.

There are legal exemptions from the mask rule applying to both physical and mental conditions.

There is no way of knowing if someone is exempt; that's down to the place owners or the police.

I haven't and i wont I'm big on minding my business. If someone doesn't want to wear a mask that's their choice and has nothing to do with me. i just stay far away from them.

I have never told anyone they have to wear a mask.

It is not my business if someone is or is not wearing a mask.  I don't work in public business, so it would never be my job to tell someone that they must have a mask or they can't come in.

If I see someone in a store that is not wearing a mask, I can always turn and go a different direction.

I am not going to tell a fellow customer or passenger that they have to wear a mask.  I am just going to do my best to move more than six feet away from them without saying anything at all.

I respect their choice and hope they respect mine.  (my choice to avoid them because they are taking risks that I don't want to take.)