Is it bad that I prefer being around people who aren't autistic?

I have high functioning autism and I'm very very social to the point people call me a social butterfly. Most of the autistic people I'm around I don't like or just don't click with at all. I feel it's because there autism is so differnet from mine and they're no where near social like I am. I only have 3 friends that are autistic and the rest of my friends are not autistic or don't have a disability at all. Is it bad that I prefer being around people who aren't autistic?

No, it's not bad to want to be neurotypical (or non-Autistic), but it's often a struggle for those of us with any form of Autism to gain the acceptance, respect, and trust of those without it. People are afraid of what they don't or can't understand, Nathan. I'm mildly Autistic too, but unlike you, I went through many, many years of abuse and mistreatment because of my disorder. I've carried (and have had to live with) the stigma of being "different" my entire life, and it's dangerous to be "different" in American society right now.

The hardest task I face isn't having Autism- it's having to live with and deal with the huge stigma that surrounds it. I live and work around non-Autistic people every day, and while there are some who are kind and humane towards me, the great majority are not.

Autism TROLL is propaganda.