What do you do to treat sciatica ?

I think I have that. The back of my left thigh feels numb and I have this pinching pain in my left buttocks :( does it get worse from here? How do i stop this?

7 Answers

  • Jim
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    My wife has sciatica and sees a chiropractor for it. It has helped tremendously.

  • 2 months ago

    My recommendation is to see a Chiropractor for the problem you are currently having. Seeing a General Practitioner will only give you meds and refer you to an Orthopedic Surgeon that they will only will want to open you up and applying heat will make the nerve pain worse. The best scenario in this case is seeing a Chiropractor who are doctors that are specialized spine injuries and how to rehab them without use of medication. They will also be able to do xrays and send you out for MRI's.

    Source(s): Professional Provider
  • 2 months ago

    Please ask your GP (general practitioner) for a referral to a board-certified orthopedic surgeon or board-certified neurologist.  The "orthopod" can refer you for a nerve test called an EMG (electromylogram) as it's supposed to test for nerve damage, such as to the sciatic nerve, which is the longest nerve in the body.

    Either a board-certified physiatrist (doctor of physical rehabilitation medicine) or board-certified neurologist may administer an EMG.

    The orthopedic dr may give a referral to physical therapy (PT), which may include water (aquatic) therapy, for instance.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    apply a hot water bag to the painful  area

    twice a day

    do not expose your legs to chill after a shower

    take high potency Vit B complex (B1, B6, B12)

    Neurobion tab daily for a month

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    How long has this been going on? Did you recently do any heavy lifting? Generally when you have sciatica it mean you have damaged your spine in the lumbar region of L-3, L-4, L-5, S-1. You need to see a neurologist and they will order a MRI to find out what is causing it. It could be a very minor surgery or up to needing a spinal fusion. It is rare but you might have just irritated it and rest, heating pad, and taking muscle relaxers will relieve your pain. I have had six back surgeries with for of them being spinal fusions and I have permanent nerve damage, thus of sciatica spine 24/7/365 days a year. 

  • 2 months ago

    Sciatica is a result of having back problems. So the issue isn't your leg or butt-- it's coming from your spine. You need to see a doctor.

  • 2 months ago

    Just get pregnant without a care. Clueless. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.