Jared asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 months ago

Did Yahoo take away the ability to comment on answers?

If just came back to using this site after about 2 months. I have noticed there are no longer comments allowed to be made on answers. Did they take this out because of the arguing? 

Update:

I don't know if you will see this Lan but this is a shared account I am the main user, my brother also uses the account so I have not been on here for 2 months but other people have been. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sharon
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Commenting on answers has been removed. For how long we don't know. It could be temporary, or it could be permanent.

• 4 months ago

Yes, they did...............

• 4 months ago

Yes, they did along with the ability to comment over on the news section. 

Lv 7
    4 months ago

Less than a minute of scrolling through this subcategory would've answered your question, without the need to post it (since it's been asked/answered literally dozens of times already).

Per Yahoo:

"In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement, we are temporarily disabling comments.

Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions and we’d love your feedback on how to improve this experience. Please email us your feedback at yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yahoo has Temporary Disabled Comments Until they turn them Back on you wont be able to Comment

on any Answers

They made a Announcement about it here is what they have to say about It

In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement with our audience, we are temporarily disabling comments. Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions. Please feedback to yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The comments section is disabled due security reasons with the upcoming presidential elections.

Sure you and your brother share this account 😉

• SOT3
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

If you are going to stay away for months, always read through the questions first to see what you have missed before asking. The comment questions probably number 10000 by now. The comments were disabled commenting across the entire Yahoo platform, including commenting on YA answers, are security and safety reasons. Also, there are legal liability reasons for Verizon because of increasing spamming, violent threats, and attempts to breach security around a presidential election. They did the same thing in 2012 and 2016.

• Damien
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

They couldn't stand to admit the truth that many people were complaining that they cant breath wearing a mask despite not having any "medical conditions".Do you notice how doctors completely shut down any concerns people have when they have breathing wearing masks?instead of simply admitting the truth, they instead do dumb stuff like "look i can wear six masks at once, so u should not have trouble wearing one at all" which is as dumb as saying well if can run 70 miles an hour so that means everyone else should be able to to do it as well or "oh its all in your head" or "oh you're fine cause i said so cause i'm a doctor, wear the mask". Now fauci is recommending we wear googles to protect from covid, i hope the pro mask paranoid idiots enjoy that too.

• Ann
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Yes. Not sure why as they won't explain it to us.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.