What to do with my cellphone after it fell into a lake?

Did you recover it? LOL what phone, how deep did it go? There are many variables to consider. If it was me I would try my best to get it working again by trying to dry it. DO NOT try and charge it until you are positive there is no moisture in it at all. The rice in a bowl isn't a bad idea. This post is 4 days old so I don't know if this is a relevant response at this point. If it's not repairable and you don't have insurance I would take it to best buy. They have bins there for e-waste.

• F

Were you still holding it? In which case let it go and start swimming .

i shidded myself halp

If it works then OK, otherwise just throw it and buy new one.

• keerok

Lie prostrate on the lake for 20 minutes continuously as penance.

1. Remove it from the lake.

2. Recycle it properly.

• scrap it, Chad Hatten Killeen Texas

Dive in after it

Current phones I would assume its broken unless waterproof and get a new one, check if your insurance covers that.  Some bank accounts or home insurance may offer that cover.

If you are lucky enough to have a phone with a removable battery remove it immediately and let the phone dry out, you can stick it in dry rice to speed that up.

Buy a new one..........

Leave it there because there's no way to save it.