Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I can’t take it anymore!?

So because of quarantine my mom is home 24/7 and she is so lazy and dirty. She decided to take everything out of the cabinets to stop the roach infestation but instead of putting things back she decided to leave everything to sit on the floor for weeks while the roaches crawl all over the food that was in the cabinet. Same thing with the stuff in the fridge. She took some stuff out of the fridge and is just leaving it on the floor because she has been meaning to “deep clean the fridge” I can’t handle the roaches, moths, weevils, flies, and ants all over the house and sometimes I end up taking one of these little bugs to work and it’s humiliating. We even have roaches in the shower! The one place we go to get clean is infested with roaches and ants and I feel so gross. 

Like, I do help clean the house but the next day she’ll cook and eat and leave everything laying around and go to bed. She is a slob and she doesn’t care. She will gladly invite guests over while the house is in shambles. I feel like Kenny from South Park

I forgot to mention that she has a hoarding problem. Even the driveway to our house is covered in junk and parking our cars is a struggle. She hoards inside the house, the porch, the guest room, the kitchen, the living room, and the worst is the backyard!

sleep in the car to prove a point

Hoarding is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such.  Have her committed for psychiatric observation and clean up the house before she gets back.  Ongoing therapy will help prevent any relapses.

Your mom sounds cool can I come over and have dinner with you guys?

Talk to her about how disgusting it is and tell her you would like her help in cleaning everything 

My grandma was the same way! Hoarding is most definitely ILLEGAL in the United States. I'm sorry for what you're going through! I hope everything is clean, and your Mom is out of the house and taken care of.

• car253

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Your mom needs some serious help.    Either ask for some family help or call Adult protective services or the health department.    your mom has some kind of depression and/or other mental health issues.    Get her some help ASAP.     For you, i know it is hard when your working but you will have to either hire someone to come in and clean or do it all yourself.    Since she did not deep clean the frig, you do it.   Get some trash cans and throw away all the junk.  Your mom needs serious mental health help.    Call for some help.  Things will not improve unless you get some help.   

Please repost your question under the "health" CATEGORY. 

You say "our cars" when describing the parking situation. You have a car? And you work? So you've a *tiny bit* of money to spare, so help. Make some roach traps. People make them with an old jar, vaseline or mineral oil, and roach-attractive food. (Check YouTube.) Try to put the jar where pets can't get into it (spaghetti sauce jars have a smaller opening, not a problem for roaches and tough for most cats/dogs to stick snouts in--but they might try to paw out the stuff). For cleaning, vinegar is cheap and effective, plus no shortages like other cleansers. *around the edges of the room only, maybe on the coving,* put peppermint oil or tea tree oil to repel bugs--only on the perimeter so pets aren't walking on it. As for the junk and food, I don't usually recommend dishonesty, but some of that stuff can "disappear" if it's broken, useless, or inedible. No outright lies, just give a "someone must have thought it was free stuff and taken it" or "Maybe somebody ate it" excuse. I know hoarders are way attached so make sure it's not like her "favorite goose pattern" stuff or her "cat stuff" and that kind of thing. I wouldn't be past "accidentally" spilling tea on the sheets so that they must be taken off the bed and washed. And keep earning money so that you can move! (You'll be doing your own laundry and cleaning at your own place, so this will be practice,)

Source(s): Once lived with roommate who had every cup, plate, and piece of cutlery under the bed with food on it!! (But not for long.)

Seems to me that if you're old enough to use the computer and write this question you're probably old enough to clean the cabinets and the fridge and put everything back yourself. I don't think your arrangement at home is that you're staying at a five star hotel. 

maybe you should move out and if youre underage call cps

Since she's home 24/7 I see no logical reason why EVERYONE'S HOUSE is not **** 'N SPAN CLEAN.

Roaches, huh?  I haven't seen one of those in decades.