Travelling to Chicago from Canada during a pandemic?

Recently due to a health emergency of a family member of mine in Chicago (heart attack), I decided I am going to go to Chicago to take care them for a week or so, such as cooking and cleaning etc. I am just wondering for any Canadians that travelled to the US by air during the pandemic, is there a chance that the customs agents may not let me board my flight?

I will not be leaving their apartment whatsoever and I will be quarantined for 14 days when I enter Canada again. 

I just would like to know whether there would be a problem with me entering the US given their current situation.

Thanks

• MS

If a flight is being operated from Canada into the US, then you will be allowed to fly on it and enter the US.  And Canadian citizens have not been barred from returning home.  There may certainly be quarantine expectations, and you may want to check with Canadian authorities on the details of that, because it does change frequently.

Your bigger problem will be getting Canada to let you back in after your visit to the US. 

Its not customs (they only deal with currency and goods coming in mostly by citizens) who will care it immigration, and this is changeable. Google "canada to US travel covid" several sites come up and you can look for the most recent one.