Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Can I drink a gallon a day?

I just wanna make sure it safe, that's all, I'm 16 y/o girl, 5'2 and 1/2 and I weigh 154. I'm just So thirsty most of the time.

car go vroom vroom

• Andy

A gallon's eight pints, and that's possibly too much. Two litres is about 3.5 pints and is the recommended amount to drink. You can die from drinking too much, and being that thirsty could mean an underlying medical condition, so maybe cut down, and seek medical advice. 

Perfectly normal to drink about 8 glasses of water daily.

get checked for diabetes

u may need to get a blood test as u may have diabetes

One gallon of water is equal to 8 glasses of water. This value has existed for years. Not many people actually drink 8 glasses of water a day. I drink 20 ounces(bottle)with each meal that keeps me regular. I do not wish to alarm you, but a symptom of diabetes is thirst. To add some variety  to your water consumption daily, investigate Gatorale that is also an electrolyte to helps regulate one's heart rhythms and has just enough sweetness. Sport-minded persons drink Gatorale to replenish loss of sweat. You doctor can order a blood test and/or a urine test if needed. If you have not visited a Gynecologist lately, request your blood and urine be measured for feminine hormones that will alert your doctor of loss of blood via monthly menses. Low Iron levels in blood can make you feel cold all the time and cause weakness as oxygen in your blood may be low.

harrald

Yes you can drink a gallon a day but drink it little by little & not in one go.

--  Yes, a person is supposed to drink about 2 litres a day, and that is 4.4 pints or half  a gallon. Drinking more is acceptable, especially on a hot day or with a lot of exercise. More than that, see a doctor in case if suffering from diabetes.

If you are thirsty most of the time see a doctor, that a common symptom on diabetes.

Other than that a gallon a day is fine, you may be thirsty due to being just dehydrated rather than diabetes.

Heat in your area or exercise may make you more inclined to drink more.  

If you are sweating a lot through exercise or climate maybe salt could be worthwhile if you are on a low salt diet.

• Ludwig

I used to drink a gallon a day, without fail.     It did not do my health much good in the long run.