My damn laptop does not want to recognise my mouse USB. whos fault is it? the mouse or the laptop?

i should make either one of them learn the lesson. so whos fault is it? my hands are really tired of using this annoying touch pad <:(

Update:

everytime i fix the mouse to the laptop, this message appears and the mouse barely works

Update 2:

keerok. I would buy a new mouse only if i could not fix the problem. otherwise I dont want to waste money bruh :)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Boy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

go to device manager and see if the device is listed under usb, if it is there right click and update driver. 

go to settings of the mouse under device manager and change the mouse settings if it barely works, there are adjustments that sets the speed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

if it is a PS2 mouse ( round 5 pin plug usually green or violet) it must be plugged in BEFORE switching the computer on , if it is a USB mouse it should have a driver already loaded that will recognize it and run it

• 2 months ago

No clues on "damn laptop"  like model, age, warranty, if USB ports work with other devices like data sticks, printer, external drive.

Or about "mouse".  Wireless or corded?  Optical or roller ball?  Did software come with the mouse or can you download it?That is all that can be discussed with you because of incomplete information.

• 2 months ago

It could be that the mouse can't track the surface it's on.  Try getting a sheet of paper with printing on it - junk mail will do - and use the mouse on top of that.  If that still doesn't work, it's time to buy a new mouse.  For even more confirmation, if you can swap the suspect mouse with one from a known working computer, you can see if the problem follows the mouse or computer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can test this quite easily. Borrow a mouse and see if it works differently in your computer.  Put your mouse in another computer and see if it works differently.  once you do this, you will know for sure if it is the mouse, or your computer.  

• 2 months ago

try the mouse on someone else's computer -- if it works there, the problem is in your laptop.  if it doesn't, the mouse is likely dead

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Try the mouse in a different port and on another computer. If the mouse is totally dead on all ports and all computers you will need another. If it is just one port that is affected then you will have to live with it.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Blame yourself. All you have to do is buy another mouse. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.