Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 2 months ago

Will gonorrhea make a strep test positive?

I got sick maybe 2 or 2 1/2 weeks ago with strep and it came back positive. And then I just got it again, and they had to give me something different to help.

But I was looking up stuff, and I have given my boyfriend oral many of times, we’ve been together almost 2 years. And it’s been fine. Never had a problem or noticed anything. Even when I go to the obgyn, I’m all good.

Just wanted to know if whenever a strep test comes back positive does it rule out gonorrhea, or can gonorrhea make it positive?

• Favourite answer

Gonorrhea and strep throat are both caused by bacteria, but they're not related to each other. One shouldn't make a test for the other positive, that's not going to rule out gonorrhea. If you're concerned about gonorrhea or other stds, then you should get tested for them. Some people can have stds with out having signs or symptoms. 

• Expat

Demon semen is the culprit!