Kay lee anna asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why are male dogs more nicer and more affectionate than female dogs?

I don’t think that’s true at all. I think in general both male and female dogs are incredibly affectionate

• "Why are male dogs more nicer and more affectionate than female dogs?"

More affectionate to WHAT or WHOM?

My l-o-n-g experience (first cross-bred pup in 1950. From 1967 on bought & reared 8 GSDs & a Cairn Terrier in my country, plus imported 5 GSDs from Britain & Germany, produced over 300 home-bred pups and reared them to at least 7 weeks old, keeping 32 of them. Along the way I was an obedience club class instructor until we moved far away) is that the gender of the pooch made almost NO difference to how it reacted to my wife versus to myself. Whenever we decided to keep 2 from the same litter, we allowed the 2 pups to decide which had Les as its pet human, which had Jeannie as its pet human. But each was required to obey whichever of us commanded it.

Others have asked for your SOURCES - but have so far been ignored. The first possibly-relevant source I found on-line was: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC61625... Among its statements were:

🔸"Despite the overall high sociability in dogs, there are indications that females may be more likely to interactions with humans.  - - - The results showed that female dogs were friendlier and would make physical contact with a stranger."

🔸"The Swedish Armed Forces and the researchers used a modified version of the Dog Mentality Assessment test, including 12 standardized sub-tests. A principal component analysis showed that female German Shepherds scored significantly higher than males in social engagement."

🔹"male dogs were found to be more interested in human-directed play."

I don't approve of conducting a study by merely reading-&-interpreting OTHER PEOPLE's reports, but I will accept those parts of the report - and their 2 to 1 or 3 to 0 claims that bìtches are "friendlier" to humans - despite that I WISH the typing had been proofread!

Assuming that you are a natural female aged about 29 and have not had your ovaries removed or your fallopian tubes tied, I tend to assume that your experience with Canis lupus familiaris (domestic dogs) is limited, and that what you see as "affection" is actually the effect of your female hormones (oestrogen and progesterone, plus some androgens) on randy young dogs.

I know that in our packs of GSDs, a bìtch was always THE BOSS. If a stud saw 2 bìtches staring bossily at each other (preparatory to battle to sort out which of them would be the boss after the battle) he would quickly trot up the next 3 levels to reach the top terrace, from where he would "supervise" the neighbours - and not revisit the bìtches until we had intervened.

But in populations of FERAL canids (wolves, jackals, foxes, dingoes, dholes, coyotes, etc) it is the males that wander furthest from the pack's "home" - possibly it is the mothering instinct that keeps bìtches closer to the den's area, ready to support the stripling "nurse" bìtch left guarding the pups.

3 weeks ago you asked:

│ • "Why do most straight guys like trans women?"

│ • "My m2f transgendered friends have slept with more men then I

│ have and thats alot"

which translates as "[Peep] has slept with a LOT of men - but not as many as [Peep]'s m2f friends have."

And yet you also have a string of questions claiming that men don't desire you, and implying that you are a frustrated vinegary virgin. Try to understand the word "CONSISTENCY".

And it is time you learnt the "Rules of Exchange" here:

When you ask a Y!A Question you have the DUTY to choose the BEST Answer from those it receives during the first week - 2 weeks at the latest. But NOT ONE of the questions you asked 3 weeks ago has had what Verizon > Oath foolishly renamed as the "Favorite Answer" chosen. You have probably been blocked from choosing BEST answers to questions older than that but, if they're still open to you, you would regain 3 points each time you select a Best Answer - as well as making the recipient happier with you.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

I think how affectionate a dog is a case by case bases. 

Because the females are bitches.

Actually I don’t find that to be true.  I have had both males and females and I find there to be much more breed differences than sex differences.  My males have been sweet and loving as have the females.

I can't find this information on line.  Can you show where you learned that male dogs are more nicer and affectionate than female dogs?

Are they?

...... Show us a link that confirms that..... I bet you can't ya see.. 

Source(s): Opinions are like buttholes, Everyone has one.

It is not true that male dogs are "more nicer" than female dogs.  There is no such research.

Let me guess.  Not an English major.

• Maxi

Maybe dogs you have are like this  but that is not a normal experience of the majority of dog owners

not to my experience,

both genders seem to be very gentle and happy near their human.

Maybe differing towards strangers depending on training and personality but everyone in the dog's family is usually  very well liked by the dog.

(my experience includes large dogs like boxer, Czechoslovakian Wolfdog(aka shepherd), Collie, doberman)

It’s that way with rabbits too.