Will my name change be granted?

My name change hearing will be on this August 31st. I really really want to get this name and I will be very disappointed if I don’t. I want to change my last name from my moms to my moms dash my dads. A hyphenated name. I already filled out the petition, confidential case inventory form, and news paper affidavit form. I also already paid all the fees including the additional $10 enter fee. I know I might worry too much but I need to be confident when the day comes I will get good news on the zoom meeting. Plus this is for a name change in Michigan. Thanks 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you haven't made changing your name into a regular habit over the years it'll in all likelihood be approved. The only reason name changes are denied is if fraud is suspected. 

• 2 months ago

No reason why your request will not be granted. Sounds as if it will be a five minute hearing.   Hyphenated (double-barrelled in English) surnames are common in the UK but in the US they seem to cause confusion because the first half is often treated as a middle name so this may turn out to be more of a headache than you think.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.