Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

How can I stop overthinking?

Why do i always feel like people are going to hurt me. I always jump to the worst conclusion possible. I feel like i overwhelm everyone and just look like an insecure mess. I think too deeply about stuff that isn't even that deep in the first place. I literally hurt my own feelings 99% of the time. I know I've been hurt a lot but I don't want it to keep affecting my relationships with people. It hurts them and it hurts me. Its like im fighting the very thing ive ever wanted. I just started dating this guy and I feel like I'm already being too much and I'm scared he's going to just get sick of me already. I think about him positively and then next minute I'm "Does he actually like me, am I being annoying, am I doing too much, do I like him more than he likes me, does he miss me" And I usually think about it, get a lil sad and then try to reassure myself with more positive things. But then earlier he liked a pic of a basically naked girl on Instagram and I brought it up in a joking manner and he didn't take my approach too well. And it turned into him saying he doesn't remember liking it and usually just scrolls liking stuff which he's told me before. And that he feels like I don't trust him and hes never given me a reason not to. I tried explaining that wasn't it but when I think of it i feel like maybe that is why. I have horrible trust issues. I feel like i really ruin everything. ive noticed my behavior its changing it im having trouble with. 

Get a lobotomy. It'll drastically reduce your thinking capacity which means you'll never overthink again.

Research has shown that overthinking actually makes it more difficult to solve problems, and has been linked to issues like anxiety. But how do you free yourself from an intense thought spiral?

Well to the title question I'd say to become a liberal democrat. They end up with no brain to think with.

Then reading your following comment to your question I see you're already a liberal democrat.

Answer...Vote for Trump.

Try to practice mindful meditation. This will help you become more “in the moment”

I understand your fear of thinking too long on matters. I am old, single and have no family, but I am very interested in science and medicine. I receive many free science journals, and newsletters, and I read a lot each day. My brain just keeps buzzing all day. Neuroscientists tell me I should not fear Alzheimer's as my brain is active all day. It appears you may be over-thinking because you do not have professional answers to matters that concern you and more. Go to www.psychologytoday.org, and click on TODAY, then click on ALL. You will see maybe a list of 100 disorders and emotions. Choose topics that interest you, but have been lacking in past. Start, with, fear, doubt, insecurity.

Good Luck.

harrald

• Andy C

Listen to Lateralus by Tool.

maybe you should get some counseling

unrelated to personal finance. Move it

• Mark

You need to read a book called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and It's ALL Small"... If that doesn't help you, see a counsellor.  (This is not a bad thing at all...  It doesn't mean you're crazy... just that you need to sort your thoughts out.)