what's the point in having a baby on board sign or sticker?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • fuzzy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

It goes back to ONE accident in which parents were killed, baby lying on back seat fell off & rolled under front seat where it was found days later dead in the wrecker's yard. Now it's a money maker for the sign company

• garry
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

sticker is a sales gimmick , like f$%k you honk to much , stickers are easy money .

• 4 months ago

It's a cute notion that probably made someone a little money before it was ripped off and widely copied, like  'I heart NY" or year 2000 glasses frames.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Exactly!! One of my pet peaves. What good is it for me to know? Do you expect me to drive differently? Stay 50ft away from you? Are you going to leave the child in the car while you go shopping? Are you so proud that you finally gave birth? It's a human, it will be treated as every other human in the car. RIP IT DOWN!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

I don’t buy the emergency services will know to look for a baby. People don’t take the sticker in and out just when they have the baby on board , it’s there all the time.

I’m sure a baby seat and other items would tell anyone half intelligent whether a baby was present or not.

I think it’s more “look at me , I’ve got a baby , aren’t I wonderful , I’m only the 5 billionth woman to reproduce!”

Personally I take it as a warning like “brats on board (they keep it there until the 10th birthday of the last born), I’m going to be driving badly.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

None a waste of time and Money emergency service all ways look for a Baby in any vehicle involved in a crash

why because baby owners never remove Baby on Board when there is No Baby on Board so Virtually Lying

• W
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

It's there to see if other drivers think, "Who GAS?" Worse are the ones that say' "My kid's name is Franklin', or whatever. The best window sticker I've seen is 'I don't care what your kid's name is.'

• Barry
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Pointless. Most times there's no baby there anyway.

• 4 months ago

In the event of an accident, people need to look to confirm that if the baby is actually on board that the baby is safe, in the event the driver is unable to care for the baby.

People - it's not for emergency services... it's for regular people to help before police/fire/ambulance arrive. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

To hopefully alert otherr drivers to be more cautious, especially tailgating. Duhhh.

Bucky wasn't too lucky when God was handing out brains, apparently.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.