hugh asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 2 months ago

Going to Vegas fairly soon. Is it still at half occupancy? A relative Ghost Town or what?

It's one of the major hotspots for coronavirus right now. Many restaurants are open but bars are closed. You have to wear a mask. There's a list of what's open and closed here: https://www.latimes.com/travel/story/2020-07-29/wh...

• david

I went June 8th thur 12th. Stayed at the Nugget, played 3 days golf, ate, gambled a bit. Fremont St. more active that the strip by a large margin. Loved the free parking. Missed looking at all the people. Masks were not mandatory then so not many people wore them. I didn't either, but felt safe by keeping to myself.  For being a Monday thru Friday stay, and have been to Vegas many times, it was about 10-15% capacity. Going again in September.

I live in Vegas it's still a Ghost Town. A lot of the casinos ain't even open.  Also, I still don't know anyone who has the virus.

I was in Vegas in 2009, at the height of the recession. It was great! Everything was on sale, and nothing was crowded. Depending on what you want to do there, this could be a good time to go. 

• MS

Many things are still closed - shows, bars, etc.  If you just want to gamble and get something to eat then you can do that.  It's a pretty big COVID hot spot right now.

business is bad due to Covid 19.

it's still somewhat crowded here depending on day/time of day. people still visit. please come. we need your money. thank you, enjoy your stay