jimmy asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Is this rare?

Long story short I have a broken tooth in my mouth that has been infected for over a year my doctor sent me 2 dosages of antibiotics and I took them I never got around to taking it out as the pain has stopped and it hasn’t come back ever since it’s been over 7 months I plan on taking care of this as soon as the COVID is more under control my question is can I die from this I’m googling to much and seeing it’ll get a abscess and go to my brain and I’ll die I saw it happened to a trucker young I’m 27 and healthy and fit otherwise

• Andy C

The pain seems like it was caused by a bacterial infection (abcess) and it was mostly or totally killed by the antibiotics. 

The lack of pain now either means that your tooth miraculously healed up or that likely the nerves in the area are dead (neuropathy), likely due to the decay of the root.

It's most likely going to be pulled out, but I'm just a dude pooping on the toilet, so get in to the expert (dentist).

i would hope its rare, i would ask your dentist about it