Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Can I return something to Walmart without a receipt?

I bought a laptop from Walmart around 2-3 weeks ago but its 30 day returns for a refund. The problem is that I don't have the box that I used to purchased the laptop in and also I don't have the receipt. I took a picture of the laptop in it's box when I purchased it and saved it onto my camera roll. Do you think they will be able to accept the photograph or is there no hope for returns?

Update:

I payed with cash the first time.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If it has a barcode they might be able to scan it at the customer service desk and locate a digital receipt in their system.

• 2 months ago

Its 15 days for opened electronics.  It must have the receipt, all accessories and packaging.  Unopened can be returned in 30 days with receipt.

A picture is useless, anyone can find one online.

• 2 months ago

No receipt, no credit card statement, no box, no brain, no return.  I think that is enough no-nos for anyone to learn a lesson

Try selling that laptop on some website.  You might get part of the "cash" back.  Or give it as a gift.  Maybe even to a charity as a tax deduction.

• 2 months ago

if you do not ask, you will not know.  how did you pay?  charge card statement showing date can be used to look up the exact transaction ...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

More than likely you can. Walmart Customer Service personnel are pretty lenient. I never had any problems returning items without a receipt at Walmart before.

• 2 months ago

If you paid for it with your credit card, you can show them the statement. Maybe that would work. You can even call the credit card company and get a copy of the receipt. The rules for Wal-Mart returns is on their website.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.