Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Is kidney pain felt very low , close your butt & on your side above your butt?

Where is kidney pain located ? I see so many dif answers. 

Your kidneys are up in the costovertebral angle, that is in the back, just at the back ribs. The ureters then run down to the bladder.  Urinary infections often have lower back pain, but so does a number of things one couldn’t diagnose kidney problems just based on what you wrote.

• Edna

I had a kidney infection. The pain was located on both sides of my lower back, somewhat in a line with my belly button. The pain was nowhere near my butt.

Yes I have had kidney stones and thats exactly where I felt the pain. At the lower back above the but on right and left. Dont worry though kidney stones can easily be treated. I was treated through some IV and pills combination and it cleared up within a week. Fortunately I did not had to go through the urethral pain because the medicine melted the stones. So I didnt pass them like giving birth to a child lol.

Btw if you are not sure if you have kidney stones or not get an ultrasound and tell them you suspect kidney stones. 

Last year when I had stone in kidney and urethra the pain was at the side of my back low down close to butt and continued up and round the side of my waist down side of stomach

• Murzy

That sounds like lower back pain L5 or S1.

It is probably muscular.

Kidney pain manifests itself on the lower front 

Source(s): been there