Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 months ago

Tesla has planned ahead by creating its own charging stations along the Interstates. Where are owners of other electric cars going to charge?

Update:

Not just locally, but for interstate/cross country trips? 

Update 2:

If Tesla owns their charging stations, who says they have to let anyone else use them, even if you have an adapter? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Tesla might be planning to set up its own charging stations along the Interstate some time in the future, but it's not going to happen any time soon. There are presently 47,856 miles of Interstate highways in the U.S., and more miles are under construction. Do you have any idea of how MANY charging stations Tesla would have to install along the Interstate?

I suppose a driver of any other kind of electric car would be able to use Tesla's charging stations, the same as any driver can fill up their gas tank at any service station along the Interstate. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

good the muslims are killing and the cosgroves becuae of the them there going to destroy the oil and gas my wifes german friend and the lebanese mafia royaland sunalli and alliance is costing the industry trillions

• 4 months ago

Leafs charge at Walgreens, or at home.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not my problem.  I drive a hybrid.  No charging required.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

There are lots of charging stations, especially at hotels.  They get people to stay at their hotel that way.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They will just make adapters to work with the Tesla chargers.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I think you have to buy a charging station for your garage so you can plug it in when you get home.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.