Frank asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

What is a family (and what is not)?

Hello,

I have a question concerning the" family". From a sociological point of view, a family consists of two or one parents and at least one child.

So, my question is what type of living arrangements represent a nonfamily?

For example a married couple that does not have children is not a family. 

Do you know more examples?

• Bobo

How do you categorize homosexuals?  What about transsexuals?  Neither of which is likely to have biological children. 

• Liz

The Former of the family unit was none other than the Creator of man himself. (Matt. 19:4-6) By means of family units this Creative Sociologist purposed to populate the whole earth with a righteous human society of perfect, mature individuals. (Gen. 1:28; Acts 17:26) Such a family circle of humans was lovingly designed to comprise essentially a father, a mother and children. Through marriage this status was brought about and was thus to be maintained. Family members, therefore, were to form a household, a small government, with the father as head and lawgiver responsible to God, and the mother as a subordinate manager over the children.

For more information see below.

Source(s): wol.jw.org
  • Jesere

Family is subjective,  I consider my best friends as family.