Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 months ago

If my baby’s father is in the navy, does that mean I’ll get more child support ?

Like more money?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

I'm so happy to hear you know who da baby daddy is!  Congratulations!!  Most people in military relationships don't.

• 4 months ago

NO.   In fact if his pay in the Navy is less than what he has been getting as a civilian you could end up getting less money.  

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

It goes off his income not his job.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes. It’s on its way.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Nope.  In fact you might get LESS because he can show he is providing all the child’s medical insurance under Tricare.  Usually Insurance coverage is a factor in determining CS allotments.  

Oh, yeah and proving paternity is your cost to bear.  The Navy will not allow the child to be enrolled into DEERS with out it.  

• 4 months ago

It means you know where to get what you are entitled to.

• 4 months ago

it won't have any effect what so ever

• 4 months ago

It will if you are married to him but not if you aren't.  Having children when you aren't married is the #1 best way to make sure you and your children live in poverty.

• 4 months ago

No, not more money, just Guaranteed money.

All military members are required to report their children and pay for their children even if there is no court order. The payment depends on the service member's gross pay and their Basic Allowance for Housing as well as if he has other children.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.