John asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Does every teenager or everybody get anxiety? And does anxiety hit when you're growing up?

I've been having really bad anxiety recently I just turned 16 4 days ago and I've been having anxiety really bad my grandfather died 6 months ago of battling cancer and problems and my cousin got epilepsy 8 months ago but he isn't related to my grandpa but he got it from his mom side and his mom is not related to me. Will I be ok?

Anxiety is very common. Nothing strange about having it. I would get it during university lectures sometimes. It makes me want to run away from whatever is causing me the anxiety

• Edna

"Anxiety" is the most over-used and non-existent complaint there is there is these days among teenagers; and every one seems to be blaming anything that happens to them on their "anxiety"

.EVERYBODY (regardless of age) has something happen that makes them feel   "anxious" - just about every other day. You feel anxiety when your break up with your girlfriend. You feel anxiety when your car won't start and you're going to be late to work. You feel anxiety when your checking account is over-drawn and it's a week before pay day. You feel anxiety when you have to stand up in front of a group of people and make a talk. You feel anxiety when the electric company cuts off your electricity because you can't pay your bill. THOSE sort of things are what make you anxious and cause momentary anxiety, and you just have to deal with them.

The death of your grandfather from cancer 6 month age shouldn't cause YOU to be anxious. The fact that your cousin was diagnosed with epilepsy 8 months ago is immaterial - you can't inherit anxiety. You're either  going to be feel anxious about something, or you're not. 

everyone has anxiety yes

how we deal with it depends on how we need to deal with it,

dwelling on problems like the death of someone is a problem

we should not dwell on anything bad sad or that hurts us

dwelling on problem is a form of self pity and self pity and excuses are the most destructive things in life along with slothfulness 

YOU will find WORK lots of physical work like mow lawns clean yards etc is the best way to get over this 

right now I am signing off to go paint a garage 

Anxiety is a spirit of fear.  The Lord says, "I did not give you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind."  You asked "Will I be ok?"  The only okay people that I know, - know Jesus Christ.  Do you know Jesus?  It is the Lord who gives us confidence, boldness, and His Holy Spirit gives us power and knowledge and brings all things concerning Christ to our memory.  All who know the Lord Jesus Christ will be okay.

• F

I think about how things might pan out in my life and I worry about worse case scenarios, ( as well as best).

I thought I was just being intelligent and prepared , rather than one of those morons who just say don’t worry about it or god will take care of it but now I find I have anxiety ffs.

• RICK

No not everyone gets anxiety

Everyone has anxious moments  but they are usually over in a few seconds

• LAN

No just you weak and effeminate little soy boys that constantly beg for pity here over and over.

Everybody has anxiety now and then, but not everybody has an anxiety disorder. I'll show you an article - Signs of an anxiety disorder - 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/anxiety-disor... 

The article mentions a number of stress management methods. Don't overlook stress management, which can help even with very bad anxiety.

Two psychiatrists, Brown and Gerbarg, say a 10 or 20 min slow breathing exercise - 5 breaths a min - is good and 20 min twice a day is a therapy for anxiety. The exercise is inhale and exhale gently, 6 seconds each.  

I have advice from experts about stress and anxiety in my answers. You're welcome to click on my name and read.

No, everybody DOESN'T get anxiety. It's a common problem for millennials though.

i think everyone gets that