Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

Do you allow yourself to be manipulated by the media?

I watch several news programs and do not believe that I am manipulated by the media.

• bill

I try to determine what the reasons are for every news story i read to exist and if you do that you come to see how transparent much of out media is these days.

Not only media but governments as well.

Certain concrete facts still need to come from the media though  and you have to  recognize the spin that is put on it while reading it.

I lost faith in the MSM ages it's all agenda driven guff where facts dont seem to matter.

No way!

That's strictly the preserve of left wing sheep. 

I do not read any newspapers as, even the best, are at best propaganda, at worse, lying sh** rags. Most are so right wing as to think Hitler was a nice little friendly socialist. (Two actually supported him until September 3rd 1939)

As for the getting information, I read the BBC website and others - taking even those with a very big pinch of salt.

I defiantly DO NOT read any Yank site as they are so right wing as to be sick.

The media is dominated by lefty/ liberal types and nothing they say should be taking as fact.

• Lilly

Only for like a few minutes a day. Any more than that will turn me into a dumb sheep.

Most people have to rely on the media for information, so cannot help be manipulated. If you are involved in matters which you then read about in the papers you can see just how distorted reporting can be, if not downright wrong. Accordingly I take a lot of what I see in the media with more than a pinch of salt, and take zero notice of social media where the level of bias is laughable.

The scary thing is that you are not immune to propaganda. Even if you think you are.

• Porras

There are many who are greatly 'manipulated' - them come on sites like this to also manipulate, either using the link. Or stealing the words from said stories to claim as their own observation, making it a bit more harsher depending on their own political slant.