How to improve your tv's sound: budget and premium options for better audio?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

My Samsung HDTV from 2012 has a "Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack" sound bar and woofer.  Works great.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The neatest way, if your TV allows it, is to buy a sound bar that sits at the base of the TV.

• 2 months ago

It's difficult to say, my friend, without knowing which brand and model of TV it is that you have.

• 2 months ago

plainly, this depends on your tv.  if it has audio outputs, you can pipe the sound through a stereo system like i do and then mute the sound on the tv.  I get digitally created 7 channel surround sound plus subwoofer [bit of an overachieving Yamaha amp doing that work] -- not quite sure what the tv is actually sending to the amp and there are some programs that come out great [even Star Trek reruns]!  Truly awesome is the 7 channel sound with subwoofer that I get out of a Blu-Ray player ... that'll knock your socks off [of course, the Blu-Ray pipes sound directly to the amp and only the video feed goes to the tv].  -- give 'er a try -- well worth if if you love quality sound, imho.  -- grampa

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.