How to improve your tv's sound: budget and premium options for better audio?

My Samsung HDTV from 2012 has a "Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack" sound bar and woofer.  Works great.

• David

The neatest way, if your TV allows it, is to buy a sound bar that sits at the base of the TV.

It's difficult to say, my friend, without knowing which brand and model of TV it is that you have.

plainly, this depends on your tv.  if it has audio outputs, you can pipe the sound through a stereo system like i do and then mute the sound on the tv.  I get digitally created 7 channel surround sound plus subwoofer [bit of an overachieving Yamaha amp doing that work] -- not quite sure what the tv is actually sending to the amp and there are some programs that come out great [even Star Trek reruns]!  Truly awesome is the 7 channel sound with subwoofer that I get out of a Blu-Ray player ... that'll knock your socks off [of course, the Blu-Ray pipes sound directly to the amp and only the video feed goes to the tv].  -- give 'er a try -- well worth if if you love quality sound, imho.  -- grampa