Suggest some ideas to reduce electricity bills.?

Here are some tips

Turn off unnecessary lights.

Use task lighting.

Use natural light.

Turn water off when shaving, washing hands, brushing teeth.

Take shorter showers.

Fix that leaky faucet. 

Unplug unused electronics.

• F

I wish I knew. According to comparison sites , I use twice the average for my size  of home.

I suspect this is because we always cook meals from scratch , and because I live somewhere where it rains 3/4 days,  the tumbler dryer gets a hammering.

On the plus side, my gas bill is below average despite living in a cold climate in a detached bungalow.( worst case for heat loss, all external walls and double roof area than comparable houses)   

• keerok

Shut down the circuit breaker.

If you are still using an old TV with cathode ray tube, replace it with an LCD TV. Replace old refrigerator with a small new one. Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED. A single 60 watt incandescent bulb can use more electricity than a compact refrigerator. Imagine having several of them in the house. That could add up to several hundred watts. An LED bulb that uses 8.8 watts can be as bright as a 60 watt incandescent bulb. You can also check how much energy an appliance uses with a watt meter. Plug the watt meter into a wall outlet, then plug the appliance into the watt meter and you get a readout of how many watts are used. If it uses too many watts, then use it less or replace it with a more energy efficient one. 

WRONG FORUM. Try again.

• Sumi

Why is this question in the Photography section?

Keep your thermostat to 68F in the winter and 78F in the summer.

Replace all your light bulbs with LED bulbs.

Lower the heat of your water heater.

Call your power company and have a house inspection where they will try to find all of the areas where the dwelling is loosing heat.  Usual suspect is the weather stripping around doors/windows.

• Speed

Ameer, my first real job was customer service at a utility company. I fielded this question all day long.

Heating and cooling use the most electricity in a typical home. In warm weather, set the thermostat higher, in cool weather lower. Minimize or stop use overnight if possible. Install a thermostat with a timer and have heating and cooling reduced or off when people are asleep or the house is empty, restoring it to normal temperatures an hour before people will be up or will return.

In warm weather, use fans instead of air conditioning if possible. They consume a tenth as much electricity, or less.

Be away from home in the heat of the day (or the cold). Find public places that are cooled or heated where you can do what you need to do, such as read the news, study, or use your computer. Let somebody else keep you comfortable.

Use energy saving light bulbs.

When you buy a new appliance, pay attention to its wattage. If it's something used for long periods of time, seek low-wattage.

In warm weather, do as much cooking and baking in the cool of the day as possible. In cold weather, do it when people are home and appreciate the extra heat.

Keep refrigerators and freezers full. Solids and liquids hold onto cold better than air. If you don't have enough food around to do that, freeze or chill plastic containers of water.

Use blinds and draperies wisely. Close in the heat of a summer day. Open on a sunny winter day.

If you live where the price of electricity changes with demand, do housework and laundry at low-demand times.

• User

Secretly run an electrical cord from your neighbors house or apartment to your own and use their electricity.

use less electricity

turn things off not just stand by

Change your tarrif, find someone that doesn't apply a standing charge. Use LE lamps in all fittings, don't use electricity for cooking or heating. Don't leave older appliances on stand-by.