I am 75, what are my chances of buying a house?

If you have cash, pretty good. If you want to finance, worse case would be the mortgage company wanting a higher down payment to offset their risk. Also, just because one mortgage company says no doesn't mean they all will say no.

• L

I bought a home, last year, but I paid cash.

same as you winning lotto , none .

• fcas80

If you are asking what is the chance a bank will give you a 30 year mortgage, it is prettty small since you will probably not live to repay it in full.

But if you have the cash, your chances are 100%.

If you have credit and cash, it's the same as anyone else's. Your age is not a factor. 

just join the army serve for a couple years then after your discharged you get a estate sized loan the government is obviously happy to pay for you because in the southern united states you wuss a slave!

but dont try to get "assistance! why since the government "protects the taxpayer" theyll come in rob you blind then shovel the money at their fatcat big business partners!

you see the difference chumps?

Age might be just a number, but that's not the number that matters in this case. How much money do you have or at the very least, what is your credit score?

If you are broke, or you have very little savings then my answer is no. You won't be able to buy a house if what I said about you is accurate.

If you have the proper income to debt ratio and a credit score worth having, along with a down payment, there is no reason why you cannot buy a house.

A new neighbor just moved in last week. She is 73.

Your age is irrelevant as long as you are an adult.

Age is not a factor. Everything that applies to a 30-year old having the financial qualifications to be approved for a mortgage apply to you.  A working person has work income. If your working days are over, a lender will count your demonstrated monthly retirement income along with your retirement nest egg.