Anonymous

If it’s my first week of work and a co-worker cusses me out and badmouthed me, should I report them or will that just look bad on my part?

On my second day of work, I was washing my hands at a sink station that a co-worker had already cleaned out which I didn’t even think about at the time, anyway that co-worker comes over and says to clean it up and make it look like it did before I used it but he wasn’t really asking a favor as much as he was yelling at me for doing something wrong and using bad words in his dialog, then after that he tells another co-worker about how stupid and slobbish he thought I was and how I pissed him off and again with a bunch of bad words in that dialog also.

Should I report this co-worker to the management or will that just make me come off as the new guy who already doesn’t get along with people?

• Eva

Grow up and stop whining. Don't go running to HR with every little thing. It will make you look immature.

For one incident? I wouldn't. Complaining about your colleagues your first week WILL get you labeled as a complainer.

If you're old enough to have a job, add some more descriptive words to your vocabulary. Profanity or vulgarity are the terms you should be using if you want to describe what happened. "Bad words?" What's bad for you may be acceptable to others.

I don't know whee you're supposed to wash your hands. I would assume, at a sink. I don't know if you were using a sink that's supposed to be used for something else, or if there was one sink co-irker hadn't wiped down yet, and out of courtesy, everyone uses that one so he won't have to clean them all again. I would get a better understanding of who is a favorite of whom before griping about anything.

You'll be the one who gets fired.  The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise according to human resources departments everywhere.  You're the one standing in front of them sounding off about it, ain't you?

Sad but true. Not trying to be a jerk about it but that's the way it works in reality. You really want the best for the company but end up getting sh*t canned because you're standing in front of them complaining about your coworkers.  They don't view that as the proverbial and cliche "team player". 

Human resources is there to protect the company's interests not yours.  Bite your tongue, do your job, get paid and go home.  If this coworker's behavior is as bad as you claim they likely have problems with other coworkers as well and will probably quit soon.  Seems like they hate their job, ya know?

Source(s): There is no loyalty among companies and their employees anymore. It's a shame.

do not report him just yet. if he continues do ing it then u report him. and i hope u said u were sorry for ruining his work

• Kyle

nobody deserves foul language in the work place.  you can say what you did and his reaction.  but maybe others were afraid to report him and never did.  you can be the first since you're new.  he could just be a jerk overall.  

i would report them