Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 2 months ago

Are online booking agents a scam?

If you search for a booking a singer or band and you find a site that has you fill out a bunch of stuff and credit card is it a scam? How do people and places book a singer or band? 

So - you would go to a site, where nobody has met you live, HEARD or seen you perform, and you GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER???  Then you need to drop that card today - tell the company it is lost and possibly STOLEN, and they will issue you a new card that you will get in a few days.  It will have a different number - and DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE!! 

If you had any professional credence at all as a performer, then you would not need any kind of agent.  when you are raking in millions, you would need different layers of management - but *some kid trying to land a gig" is just a lamb to the slaughter for scammers.  I hope your question was all theoretical - and you did not DO this already. 

I bought tickets to the Rolling Stones.   The concert was "postponed" with no set date to have it and they refuse to give me my money back.   They are sitting with millions of dollars of customer money that we could use right now and they refuse to give it back. 

Some are, some aren't.