Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

cul de sac parking ?

I live in a cul de sac with 9 houses all on the right side & on the left side are nothing but trees. My next door neighbor has 5 vehicles & only 2 are parked in driveway while the other 3 are all parked on the left side of street & the neighbors beside them has 3 vehicles 2 parked in driveway & 1 parked on the left side..is it legal to park their cars there..

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Give us the phone number of the local parking enforcement department, or your location, and we'll call them for you and tell them about your question.  All parking regulations are local. 

In my town you can only park on a cul-de-sac if it leaves a free area for entering and turning around the largest local fire trucks.  If your neighbor has already parked to as to restrict that, then you're out of luck.

• 2 months ago

Either it is legal to park ANYWHERE on the cul de sac, or it isn't legal to park ANYWHERE on the cul de sac.

Note: There is NO SUCH THING as the left or right side of a cul de sac.Bruce is mistaken in his claim that signs are required if parking is prohibited in ALL jurisdictions. They are most likely required where he lives, but SOME jurisdictions prohibit on street parking without signs.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I will need to call your City's highway department to get this info.  What is their number?

If there are no "no parking' signs, I assume it's legal to park "there."

• 2 months ago

Yes and no.  Check your local ordinances, there may be a local law regarding the legality of their parking habits.  For example where I live it is illegal for a car to be parked at the same location for 24 hours and if it is, it will be ticketed then towed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Is it legal to park your car on a public street?  Yes, of course it is, unless there is a sign indicating no parking.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Parking on a public street is open to anyone unless there is a local law prohibiting it and signs are posted. No signs, no restrictions on parking. 

• 2 months ago

Unless there's a specific rule against it, it's perfectly legal.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes.

Annoying. But legal.

Some ppl do that if their driveway is uneven/slanted on a hill to spare their tires/brakes. 

Some do it because parking anywhere near open land with bush and trees, sewer or riverbed openings, produce rats that eat up their car wires.

And sometimes it's to provide space in between their cars so no nicks.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

9 houses on the right side? That area is massive.

• Mike
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You need to look up your city's ordinances to find the answer to that. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.