Do you think that the same sex relationships are more sexually charged than straight relationships? Why or why not? ?

Just curious.....

In what way? More details needed.

yes it is, especially gay guys, i'm gay and not afraid to tell this, whenever they go gays can turn everything into porn, they have sex in pride month, toilet, beach, in train, airplane, central park, they regist in casual platform and turn it into porn site dude look behinde you they may have sex over your bed, why do they do such thing? because men have strong libdo, gays have stronger libdo, women always complaining of men because they want nothing except of sex, that is fact we think of sex always that is who we are, women breaking this down that is why straight guys don’t have sex a lot, but what will happen if you put two guys together? they are compatible with each other, both have strong libdo and think of nothing except of sex the result is they have sex twice or three time a day, like you are putting a flam and oil close together, gays don’t admit this and they may report me for this admission

• Lili

Ask your shrink, dear.

• Koi

Yes. Homosexual sex is not procreative so the only thing motivating them is lust

• Sky

On either side it will really vary from one couple to the next.  But for relationships in general, let's look at it with some deductive reasoning.  As April pointed out, with no risk of pregnancy the same-sex couples are more free to have sex any day of the month.  Granted, that can be counteracted with contraceptive methods in opposite-sex relationships, but the woman's monthly cycle can also affect her mood and desire for sex.  The woman may have no desire for sex, or she may desire it far more (or even if she wants it, she may be in a mood that her mate doesn't really want to be around).  Age is another factor with diminishing sex drives for both men and women; men can potentially be affected by some level of impotence, which impacts both heterosexual and male homosexual relationships, while women eventually deal with menopause, which may result in a total end to her sex drive or an increase in sex drive, which could impact a heterosexual or female homosexual relationship either positively or negatively.

One thing that affects opposite-sex relationships much more is kids. When a couple starts having kids, their opportunities for sexual intimacy go right out the window, as well as them often being too tired and/or not in the mood for it due to daily parenting.  Same-sex couples can also be affected by parenting children they have through adoption, sperm donation, surrogacy, etc., but that happens far less often than opposite-sex couples have kids.

And then there's inhibition.  Even in these modern times it's still quite common for people to be prudish and inhibited about sex or even merely being naked with a partner, fearing it due to shame and embarrassment that was conditioned into their minds as they grew up by other adults in their lives and their attiuides regarding sex and the body.  Heterosexual individuals often never had to deal with those fears and so they last well into a long term relationship.  On the opposite side, homosexual individuals have had to deal with a tremendous amount of fear just in having to come out in a world that still harbors so much negativity towards LGBT people.  As they come out and face those fears, it's very likely that their inhibitions wash away as well so that they feel a new sense of desire and enjoyment of sexual intimacy without being afraid of it.  Basically, homosexual and bisexual individuals may be less likely to be afraid of simple matters that can't hurt them, and so have no phobias about desiring, expressing desire for, or engaging in sexual fun with a mate.

That's all I can think of right now.  So taking a deductive guess, I think it's likely that a same-sex relationship would be more sexually charged than an opposite-sex relationship.  However, I certainly don't know that for a fact and would defer to any studies that have been done into that topic.

Your results may vary.

• Peter

I've no idea, as I've never had a same sex relationship.

• April

They can be. No risk of pregnancy=more sex. Even in hetero relationships, women on birth control are more likely to be sexually active than women who aren't.

But age is a factor too. Dating in your teens and 20s is going to be more sexual than say, your 50s.

I believe that a lot depends on the age of the people involved - which is also true of heterosexual relationships.  The younger the people involved, the more sexually charge the relationship.  As we age, as the relationship ages, as familiarity grows, as responsibilities expand (children, mortgage, careers, etc.) sex becomes less "charged". Of course, this is a generalization and doesn't apply to everyone but it applies equally to mixed as well as same sex relationships.  There are always men (and women) who want sexual variety no matter how old they are.  Traditionally, women were socialized to down play their sexuality.  That's no longer the case.

I don't want to speak in absolutes. As there are obviously exceptions to any rule. But I think OFTEN? As based on my own experience, and also the experiences of people that I know? Relationships between two men tend to be more sex based than either straight relationships or lesbian relationships. And gay (male) culture is VERY fixated on sex, and sexual attractiveness. To the point that I know of gay / bi men that are maybe NOT super attractive, who have had a really hard time finding partners. And I know of gay / bi men who could not relate to that culture, who were just looking for a long-term romantic relationship, and someone to share their lives with, who had a really hard time finding that. Because the culture, and SO many people in it, were so fixated on just sex, and short-term physical gratification with no further commitment. The love of my life, for instance..? Is bisexual, and physically male. (Identifies as non-binary.) And he's had experiences with guys. Including sexual experiences. But his drive, and what he really always wanted..? Was a deeper form of LOVE! Which apparently scared them sh*tless, as they wanted NO emotional commitment. And.. they did not even want to cuddle, after sex! Which made him sad, and made him feel like he wasn't worth much. Being someone who's extremely warm and loving, and has got SO much love to give! (I'm so glad he's with me now. <3)

Anyway... Obviously, I'm not saying ALL gay men are like this! I'm just saying, I think there is a tendency there. And I think gay (male) culture tends to be very fixated on sex. As for WHY I think that's the case..? It is probably complex! Maybe some of it has got to do with wanting to liberate oneself from straight culture, and straight expectations about a white picket fence, lifelong monogamy, etc. Which feels stifling, to some. But I think also..? It's a matter of: male libidos are, on average, stronger and more intense than female libidos! Men tend to want sex more often, and have a stronger drive for sex. Again, that's not an absolute truth, for ALL men. But it tends to be true on AVERAGE! And I think, when two men get together..? You get a relationship where both people want sex often, and have strong libidos. Making the relationship more sex based, and sex a bigger and more essential part of it.

..That's what I've been able to come up with, so far. After having talked about it, with lots of people. Not saying this is gospel truth, or anything. Just how I see it. And I mean... I am personally not a gay guy, in the slightest! I'm a panromantic grey asexual female! So ya know... NOT someone who finds it easy to relate to this. :P