Guber
Lv 5
Guber asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

How do you feel about the name Gertrude for a girl?

Any suggestions for a middle name?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

"Gertrude!" When she's in trouble.

"Trudy" to her friends and family. 

• 1 month ago

Gertrude Penelope LastName

• 1 month ago

middle name... HEILGA, 

• L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Gertie..............................really?  Poor kid.  Try to think of something nicer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Gertrude Ruth ___________

• 2 months ago

Much better name for a girl than a boy.

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Although I feel that Gertrude is a sweet old-fashioned name, because I am half German and grew up with conservative traditional grandparents, most modern people consider Gertrude and Hildegard and Ermintrude and so on ugly names for big tough muscular and ugly girls, as a result of cruel representations of Germans in film. To use it, give your little daughter the option of a VERY pretty middle name, such as Lorelei. Perhaps she shall be content to be Gertrude or Trudi, but perhaps she will be relieved to be able to be Lorelei instead. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn't touch that name with a 10 foot pole!

• 2 months ago

I had an Aunt Trudy (Gertrude) who was a wonderful woman so the name has happy memories for me.  

Her middle name was Millicent

Gertrude Millicent

Gertrude Lily

Gertrude Victoria

Gertrude Eve

Gertrude Anne

Gertrude Daisy

Gertrude Joy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gertrude is a lovely name.  Nickname her "Gertie".  Gertrude Margaret sounds good.

• 2 months ago

My late mother-in-law's name was 'Gertrude'.  However, she did not particularly like it, and had herself called, 'Gert', 'G' , or  'Jean'. 

Other names to go with it are Elizabeth, or Marjory. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.