Can you get a job without a CV? ?

I am 27 years old and I've never had a job which obviously means I have no experience so I don't have a CV. 

Hi,

It depends upon the job you are applying for and the place or company our are applying for the job. CV is just some base information about the candidate, which the employer should know..

But it doesn't means that all jobs need a CV... especially self employment.

Depending on the job you are applying for and their requirements, this will determine whether you will need a CV.  I have applied for jobs without a CV years ago, but in most cases they want something tangible for their records.  Giving a CV is also a great way to leave a good impression and to ensure that your details aren't lost.

• H

I never put a cover letter and I still manage to get a job. There was one application I forgot to upload a resume and they still hired me on the spot. If they are desperate and are in need then you will likely get hired. Although in most case those will be jobs that pay sh** but you need to start somewhere. 

When you've never had a job outside your home, or you've never done any paid work, it's not unusual to have no CV.  Instead, you write a cover letter. 

AND...there are things you actually can put into that letter--if you've ever done volunteer work for any organization, or if you've ever done odd jobs for anyone, or if you've ever managed anything--a festival, a competition, or any gathering of people for any reason--if you've ever done babysitting or elder care or dog sitting--or if you've ever had any kind of UNPAID internship--those are things a prospective employer can use as "experience."  What you would do is list the things you've accomplished--even if they sound minor to you--and you list the qualities that made you a good volunteer, manager, or helper--i.e.:  you work well with others, you cooperate to find solutions, you have initiative, creativity or any other positive quality that would be an asset to a company. You can always say you did not have a job because you were in school, or because you were taking care of family members, or whatever the reason was you didn't enter the workforce. You don't "pad" the CV or make up things--but you try to use what assets you've got that have contributed to any group efforts over the years. 

You aren't going to have a shot at getting a high-level job, but there are jobs you CAN apply for--and hopefully you will have something you can use. 

Yes, you can get a job without having a CV, or Resume, but you are going to need to have either a college, or university education, and have the ability to sell yourself. If you were self taught at a high academic level then perhaps this is another way you could get a job too.

I have a college education, and I am self taught at a high academic level too. I am able to sell myself, but this is one task that I find difficult to do.

Maybe you could try to look, for a minimum wage paying job, and a job that doesn't require having a higher education, but you might not like having this type of lifestyle, and there might not be many options, for you to choose from.

• Tavy

If they don't supply an application form then a CV lists

Name/address

DOB

Exams taken at school

Any voluntary work.

UK

Yes, a "CV" is for snutty high end jobs.

NORMAL applications to real world working jobs use an Employment Form supplied by the Prospective Employer.

You simply ask the receptionist or clerk for it. Fill it out and hand it back.

[Or as I did, buy a pad at the local office supply store, prefill it out, to make it faster to hit as many locations as possible.]

Take a calculator with you, as some jobs have a maths problem to answer.

I am more than twice as old as you and I have never had a CV. In fact, I don't know what it is. I know what a CV joint is.

Yes.   Entry level positions for things like fast food and retail are usually applied for by filling out the company's online application.  They don't WANT a CV from you.

Even if you don't have experience you can still make a CV that lists your education, skills, any volunteer work you've done, awards, even if you've done any entrepreneurial things. Look up guides for people with no experience to craft a resume and see what you can do