The sky asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Does walking help short breath?

Just try yourself for a few days.

• Edna

Whether or not walking will help with shortness of breathe will have to depend upon what condition you have that is causing you to have shortness of breathe in the first place.

I have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). We've been experiencing temperatures in the triple digits and the humidity is very high. .Assuming that COPD left me with enough energy to even want take a walk, if I went outside in the heat of the day during that kind of temperature and tried to take a walk, I would be unable to breathe properly; and I would probably pass out and fall flat on my face, 

first try to find out if you

have asthma

Not sure I understand the meaning short breath in conjunction with walking. The slower you walk the less your heart rate fluctuates. 

No, if you're having shortness of breath, please talk with a doctor.  That can help rule out certain health issues before starting a walking or other exercise regimen, including getting a blood pressure reading.

No because it'll make you even more tired

Totally depends on the cause of shortness of breath. If it's anaemia, then probably not much. If it is just because you are unfit then yes, undoubtedly. 

It helps build up stamina...which is helpful.