Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 4 months ago

How has Bluetooth technology advanced?

Can you send a text message from miles away, go online or call someone with Bluetooth on a smartphone? I barely never use this module. I remember 10 years plus ago sending pictures to a device wirelessly using bluetooth.

The original idea of Bluetooth (BT) was to connect things like mouse and keyboard to your computer (get rid of wires). The idea was to have a 1 meter (3 ft) range. Of course the range has grown with each new release has helped expand that range (along with adding equipment and functionality)

• Mmm J

Responses/comments in order:

More security. Faster throughput.

Not exactly. BlueTooth is a wireless "personal area network". It was not designed to traverse long distances. By design BlueTooth is limited to about a thirty foot radius between the "host" and peripheral devices.

I can text someone using my BlueTooth wireless headphones connected to my BlueTooth enabled smartphone... "Siri, message _____", and I can also say, "Hey Google, go to yahoo.com" and my appropriately equipped/connected android device will go there...so your example is a bit flawed...