Anonymous

Have you done administration jobs like picking up calls, scheduling, and booking travel dates from bosses and clients? How did it go?

I will try to apply for one but I do not have prior administrative experiences. Some job openings state that they allow high school graduates to apply there along with some other requirements like being able to speak and write English fluently, being enthusiastic, organize, tech-savvy, and so on. I might fit in and will try my luck.

I'm working while finishing college.  I'm the administrative assistant working for the executive assistant to the HR Director that works for the General Counsel.  I do all the flunky work.  Calls, visitors, notes, lunch and I've even fetched dry cleaning for the boss.  It's not exciting, but I get to see a lot and it keeps me in macaroni & cheese.  If I had to do this forever I would probably stick a fork in my throat. 

For the amount of work you're expected to do, it does not pay very well. But there are always openings, and it's a nice white-collar environment.