Do you like to listen to operas?

I'm composing my first opera and I'm pretty excited. However I got thinking whether opera is a dead gender or not.

I studied composing for 3 years, piano, conducting, choral singing

• TedEx

Wagner operas; the test of endurance of a music lover's bladder

Yes I do and I don't believe it's dead.

No, but I do like classical music

• D50

It's far from dead. And don't let auto-correct make you seem like an idiot again.

Yes, I prefer to go rather than just listen though. I've see several at L'Arena in Verona.

Part by part, yes. Not in entirety. Those are cheesy librettos I dislike, not the music.

"Dead GENDER"???  In think you mean genre. Very much alive. Do you actually know HOW to compose, and orchestrate?  This would presuppose advanced

degrees from  a fine music conservatory, in this age.  Yes, some previous composers gained their education from long private tutorials.  And all composed songs/song cycles first, as well as many works for orchestra.  So if you are prepared to do this, please tell us how you arrived at this choice. And audio examples of your other compositions would assist us in helping you. Or - do we just assume that you are clueless, and have a fantasy about doing this?  (I have met folks IRL  like that . . .) Hard to tell at this point - and I read your other questions.

There is still a big audience for opera and it could be very successful if done right with premium quality.

No, I never do.  Never.

• Kathy

No way. I hate operas.