Do you like to listen to operas?

I'm composing my first opera and I'm pretty excited. However I got thinking whether opera is a dead gender or not.

Update:

I studied composing for 3 years, piano, conducting, choral singing

11 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wagner operas; the test of endurance of a music lover's bladder

• 1 month ago

Yes I do and I don't believe it's dead.

• 1 month ago

No, but I do like classical music

• D50
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It's far from dead. And don't let auto-correct make you seem like an idiot again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, I prefer to go rather than just listen though. I've see several at L'Arena in Verona.

• 2 months ago

Part by part, yes. Not in entirety. Those are cheesy librettos I dislike, not the music.

• 2 months ago

"Dead GENDER"???  In think you mean genre. Very much alive. Do you actually know HOW to compose, and orchestrate?  This would presuppose advanced

degrees from  a fine music conservatory, in this age.  Yes, some previous composers gained their education from long private tutorials.  And all composed songs/song cycles first, as well as many works for orchestra.  So if you are prepared to do this, please tell us how you arrived at this choice. And audio examples of your other compositions would assist us in helping you. Or - do we just assume that you are clueless, and have a fantasy about doing this?  (I have met folks IRL  like that . . .) Hard to tell at this point - and I read your other questions.

• 2 months ago

There is still a big audience for opera and it could be very successful if done right with premium quality.

• 2 months ago

No, I never do.  Never.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No way. I hate operas.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.