Moving to Wisconsin but having a problem of my skin ?

I just moved to the midwest from Floria. The weather is pretty different here, especially the air humidity is way lower here than it was in FL. My hand skin and lips skin is getting dried these days. Any suggestions can help to go through my problem??? 

Hello~ Cool climates and dry indoor heat are the main causes for dry skin. The lack of humidity, both inside and outside, leaches the skin of its moisture, leaving it feeling flaky, itchy, and very dry. Taking long, hot showers or baths may also strip your skin of its natural oils, causing dryness. Also, living in a dry, cold, or low-humidity climate; swimming frequently in chlorinated pools; or having a job that requires a lot of hand-washing can dry out our skin too.

There are a number of preventive measures and treatments we can employ to soothe our skin.

● Use a humidifier in your room to release some moisture into the air. A research by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers) shows that the ideal indoor humidity level is about 40%-60%. Failure to maintain proper humidity can lead to a variety of health risks. Well-known brands such as Dyson, Keecoon [with large capacity and spray], Panasonic, etc.

● Apply moisturizer to your hands, lips and other skin before going outside.

● !!!!! Limit shower time and use warm water to retain your skin's natural oils, which help hold in moisture. If daily showers are on the docket, use warm water instead of hot water and limit the amount of time you spend in the shower or bath within 15 minutes.

● Use a gentle cleanser and soap.

If your skin continues to be itching and there's redness or scaling, or if there are open sores from scratching, try talking with your health care provider or dermatologist to have your skin checked out.

All the best~