Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · 1 month ago

Can a victorian fly to thailand or bali at this current time and do quarantine on a beach hotel?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • funnel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No. You may, however, be able to sneak in as a historian. I got in there as a vicksabtorian but it was a fluke.

• 1 month ago

Not without special permission to enter the country unless you are a Thai national, family member or resident. https://tripsguard.com/destination/thailand/ . You would have to quarantine at their facility at your expense if you could get in. 

• 1 month ago

Nope.... and why would  you want to ..Thailand  has the virus also  

• 1 month ago

There is a travel ban, and Australians may not leave Australia without an exemption from the Department of Home Affairs.

Reasons for an exemption include:

"- your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid

- your travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export and import industries)

- you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia

- you are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business

- you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds

- your travel is in the national interest."

Going to a beach hotel doesn't seem to fit any of these reasons.

In addition Thailand has banned incoming passenger flights. 

Victorians can't even travel to the warmer parts of Australia at present. It's winter in Victoria, with no possibility of escape to somewhere warmer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Half Wit is suffering from Ladyboy Withdrawal Syndrome. 

• 1 month ago

You can go straight to Bali right now. But getting back to Australia will be problematic.

• 1 month ago

No tourists are allowed into Thailand currently. I’m not sure about Indonesia. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I can't see why you can't, from what I know they both want your business.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.