Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Should i get an SUV or a station wagon?

I need the extra space

i noticed that my only options would be either an SUV, VAN, or a station wagon.

I dont like vans so my only options are suvs or wagons.

I noticed the price difference between the two

Suvs are more expensive than wagons, heavier and consume more gas

What i was Thinking was to get a wagon, change  the suspension on it to get better ground clearance and more space.

I wont be going off roading anyway, but has anyone thought of this before? Or done this?

Having ample space is also what I look for in a car.  I've owned a Honda CR-V Touring and a Subaru Outback.  The Outback has a lot more space than the CR-V.  If I put my back seats down, I can lay a 5 foot floor lamp in the back.  I suggest you get a wagon.

Test drive them to see what fits you best.

• PMack

"change the suspension on it to get better ground clearance and more space" - huh? How will changing the suspension impact the amount of space? Also raising it up will take away much of any gas mileage advantage a car/wagon would have over a similar size SUV. 

• Anton

" ... I need the extra space .... "  -- How much space, people or cargo, how often?

When I need extra carry capacity I just rent a trailer.  Used to have one when I had kids.