Do I have to go through customs in u.s coming from Toronto?

Obviously I went threw customs to get into the u.s but when I land in Los Angeles do I have to go threw customs again?

You'll go through customs in TO then won't have to do it again in L.A. I've taken this trip dozens of times. 

If you're flying through Pearson airport, they have US Customs located there to "pre-clear" people. You will clear US Customs in Toronto before getting on the plane, when you arrive in LA you shouldn't have to go through customs again, you'll just walk off the plane and that's it. 

Theoretically, once you clear US Customs, that's it.  However, on the ferry from Sydney, BC to the US Gulf Islands (and, Anacortes), after clearing US Customs in Sydney, I still had to clear when arriving in Anacortes.

Customs NO

Health Inspection YES

• Lisa A

No. You only go through customs once, and immigration once.

• a2yar

No. Once in usa, you are cleared