Scorpio Ascendant ruling planets?

As a Scorpio Ascendant would my natal Virgo Mars and Scorpio Pluto be my chart rulers?

Most astrologers default to the ruler of the ASC as the chart ruler. In your case that would either be Mars (traditional ruler of Scorpio) or Pluto (modern ruler of Scorpio). However, after they determine the chart ruler, they don't tell you what to do with it.  I prefer traditional rulers and find them far more useful than the outer planets. The reason for that is that the essential dignities tell us things and the use of the outer three planets as rulers disrupts the system of dignities to the point where they disrupt the understanding of the chart and therefore, in natal astrology they disrupt the understanding of he individual.

A more sensible, and possibly more useful method is to determine the planet that is the strongest by essential and accidental dignity, then use that planet to help determine the native's strengths. Planets in houses 6,8, and 12 should not be given this designation no matter how strong they are.  This chart ruler can be used to help direct the life. If there is one problem in the USA, it is the lack of direction of individuals.  "I don't know what I want to do," is far more common than people with a direction and goals based on that direction.  Use this chart ruler to pick a direction - one that is consistent with your strengths. 

The ASC ruler is very important.  Directions, progressions, transits etc to that natal planet are when bigger things are likely to happen.