Would it be OK to lay my computer tower on it's side? ?

I would like to put pictures on the wall above it, but it sticks up pretty high. .. I was wondering if I laid it on it's side (the side without the vent holes of course) would everything inside it still work right? 

• Ron75

I really wouldn't do that as it puts undue strain on the drives and as stated your DVD drive would be hard to use. Also depending on how your circuit boards are mounted it may cause one of them to work loose in the connector.

Ron

No not a good idea

thats not a good idea because it will put

more stress on the hard disk and DVD drive

Probably. The drives though might eventually have a problem since their bearings have developed a "set" through running in one particular orientation.  To anthropomorphise, they've got used to running one way round and won't like doing it otherwise. This is more likely in elderly computers.

If you don't mind having trouble loading DVDs because they'll fall out of the tray, it'll be fine.