Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What can you do to take action for frivolous lawsuit filed on you?

I was a victim of a frivolous lawsuit that was dismissed. 

It had absolutely no basis to reality at all and everything was fantasy based.

Now that it's over, the amount of stress, harassment, attorney fees, and other unneeded pains is a genuine grievance I have. 

I paid 2000 dollars in attorney fees alone when im already very tight financially.

What can I do now? 

The Keating law firm LTD from https://keatingfirmlaw.com

As part of your defense, you would file a counterclaim for your legal expenses. However, if the case is done, then it's done. You can contact your attorney and see if there's still a chance to file for your expenses, but I wouldn't' get your hopes up too high.

Counterclaim for your legal fees.

• Maxi

Why did your legal adviser not ask for your legal cost to be repaid when it was dismissed.... which is the time it should have been brought up....... now you will need to put yourself under more stress and legal expense and sue for your out of pocket costs

Use it as evidence to get justice. Good luck!:)

Sue. If it was frivolous, the person that sued you would have to pay all costs. 

Just because it was dismissed doesn’t necessarily mean it was frivolous. It could mean that he didn’t have enough evidence to convince the judge to side with him. 

It’s hard to prove a frivolous lawsuit unless he keeps doing it repeatedly. 

• Rick

sue them for lawyers fees and court costs .......................