How to tell my cousin her mother is having a heart surgery?

Hello! My cousin is young 21 years old. She studies in a another city. She often communicates with her mother on the phone. My aunt decided not to say anything to her to protect her about the heart surgery.She just said she s gonna have check ups and exams she wont be able to talk on the phone(surgery for blocked arteries, is diabetic, ex cancer patient) We respected her decision. 

How to inform my cousin when she realises something s wrong? Without her being panicked?

Thank you so much. God bless you!

i dont think you have to tell her anything, she probably already knows

It might be best to leave it to your aunt to do this - or your mother/father. If she has had cancer and is diabetic, and is having check-ups, etc. your cousin is used to her mother having medical problems. It's really up to her mother to let her know about her condition: she knows her daughter best, no doubt. You could ask your mother/father about the fact that you know about your aunt before your cousin, and this could possibly cause some difficulties in the future. 

Good Luck!

• Tj

MYOB.......its not up to you to tell her. stay out of it.