Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Do you think excess education makes some people weak?

Update:

By excess education i mean something more than a bachelors degree like masters etc.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Just the opposite. A good education teaches people to think critically. Such people are less likely to be fooled by the lies of politicians.

• 2 months ago

Knowledge is power.  I have a PhD and will soon have my third master's degree.  Combined with my experience, I could find a job with the snap of a finger if I ever somehow lost my job, and would certainly have no problems with engaging in consulting work on my own.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't think it is possible to have an "excess" of education. If we are truly wise, we never stop learning and understanding throughout our lives, even when we are old. 

However, if your point is more specifically about attending formal academic institutions for a long time, then the answer is "possibly". Certainly, in my experience, people who do not enter the so-called "real" world until their thirties, having undertaken second degree Masters courses and then Doctorate qualifications, are somewhat institutionalized, can become divorced from reality, and can find dealing with "normal" people a little awkward. There is, perhaps, some truth in the comedy of the hopeless relationship skills of the main characters of The Big Bang Theory !

• 2 months ago

If you mean that by getting more knowledge, do some people stop acting like ignorant morons and jerks, then yes.  You must be one of those people who consider a person who isn't an ignorant moron and jerk to be weak.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

they become cerebral

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes Most Americans dont Grow up for about 5 years after finishing School ( University ) and many never Grow up

I love NCIS and always would say do Denoso Please Grow up Until i found out that was Normal for people His age in the show

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I used to wonder about that.  Nowadays I just marvel at the destructive effect a general lack of education has had on society.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Quite the opposite I would assume..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only dumb people think so. 

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Absolutely not,  knowledge is power. However, the US has succeeded in the dummy down the population.  1975 average IQ was 110, now its 98.  

• 2 months ago

Education isn't always the same thing as wisdom.   You can have boatloads of education, and still be a fool.  So yes, I do think that pride gets the better of some people.   They're not humble enough to consider other viewpoints.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.