Does God Need Humans?

If God does not need humans, then why create us in the first place? 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

According to the Bible, God is love.  You can not be love all alone.  You have to have something or someone to love.  So the very nature of God would mean that he would want to create humans.  Being that have intelligence, are capable of making moral decisions, and that are able to love (and be loved) from their nature,  

Does God "need" humans?  No.  He is complete and self-sufficient all on his own.  But he wanted to create humans because it pleased him to do that.

The Bible does not really give any reason why god created humans or anything else other then it says it was for his pleasure.  He wanted to do it.  Because love is worthless in a vacuum.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, humans need God.

Acts 17:24-25 — “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.John 15:5 — “Yes, I am the vine; and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.">>>then why create us in the first place? <<<Like all great artists, God creates for the great pleasure it gives him.Revelation 4:11 KJV — Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

• 1 month ago

If anything 'created' us it was the Earth.

George Carlin's theory was that it was because the Earth needed plastic.

Keyjona - your post reminds me of this song by the Dead Milkmen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh6fwho3jBQ

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 month ago

no since it doesnt exist outside of the depraved religious excuse for a mind kiddo

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The god myth was created, in part, to explain where humans came from. Hence, 

humans had to be created in the story. 

A perfect being would not need or want worshipers, of course.

• 1 month ago

That is answered in Isaiah 43:7.  1 Chron. 16:29, John 4:24.

• 1 month ago

No, but he loves them

• 1 month ago

God has billions of Sons and these universes are their playground/Laboratory. With the Father's permission, they were attempting to build their own Heaven. They caused this messed up world from the start by not following instructions. Humans are the product of God's Sons.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Genesis, smart guy.

It clearly states our job is to take care of every living creature and the earth. 

Man was created to work. Woman was created because he got lonely. 

They produced more leg workers and breeders.

And whenever we get too naughty, selfish and corrupt our cause.... he wipes out the earth and starts new.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Humans created god(s) to explain thunder.

Now we know what actually causes all of that, so pretending god becomes redundant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.